After our recent appearance on a live recording of the popular show, Auto Dealer Live, we were asked to submit a short article for Dealer Solutions Magazine. Our topic of choice was to write about strategies for automotive sales consultants and the ways that they could utilize social media. Below, you will find the article that was submitted.
You can read the original publication here.
The following are the top 5 strategies we have uncovered:
1. Share your day: Use social media to stay top of mind with your friends, family & social network. Everyone in your network should know where you work and what you do for a living. Share your work life by posting dealership events, new vehicle/model reveals and poll you audience questions. For example: Post a picture of a new vehicle color option with a caption: Check out this new color. Love it -or- Hate it? This gets people engaged.
2. Use video: Videos allow consumers to meet you before they come into the dealership. Ideas for videos include walk arounds, option awareness/functionality & how to’s. For example: How to pair a mobile device with bluetooth in a vehicle.
3. Hashtags: You might not see the ROI (return on investment) in black and white, but hashtagging allows customers to search and find your content easily without having to search through your social feed. Is your dealership involved in a charity or do you provide content on a particular topic? If so, hashtag it. For example: #DealOfTheDay
4. Be Helpful: Create and curate content that customers are looking for. If you see a trend in the questions being asked, consider answering it on social. This increases your visibility and builds your credibility as a trusted resource. How do you know what people want? Ask your customers!
5. Use social to communicate: Offer it to customers as a means of follow up. For example: Patrick, what’s your preferred method of communication; phone, email or direct message on social media? The benefits of leveraging social media in the marketplace are endless. Many dealerships are still questioning the use of it, but the question should be how to properly train employees to leverage it effectively. Follow the five key strategies we have shared and start experiencing the difference it can make in your business.